Saturday, August 11, 2012

Catlins


It's been raining for the past week, so I've just been taking it easy. Hannah taught me how to drive stick, on the left side of the road. I've been here long enough that the wrong side of the road actually felt normal, but driving manual was definitely tricky.
We took a chance with the weather on Friday and drove to the Catlins. There is so much to do there, so we left the house at 7am and tried to pack it all in just one day. Running on a full 3 hours of sleep, we went to McLean Falls, Curio Bay, Slope Point (the southernmost point of NZ), Matai Falls, Purakaunui Falls, and Nugget Point. It was a gorgeous day, and I got to see everything I wanted to except for the Cathedral Caves which were closed due to rough tides.







No comments:

Post a Comment