Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Dunedin

This week I've been having fun exploring more of Dunedin. Tuesday my Kiwi friend took me, Hannah, and Lisen cockle hunting at Purakanui Beach. To get the clams you have to dig an inch into the sand. We had a ton of success (got about 2 buckets full) and headed over to Long Beach to have a picnic on the sand. It was such a nice day- we even took a dip in the ocean. I only lasted a few minutes as it was absolutely freezing.

Friday I went to the organ pipes with the same Kiwi friend. It's a bunch of cool rocks to climb on near Mt. Cargill. A storm was coming in so we couldn't stay too long or we would've gotten blown over.




Saturday Lisen and I rented bikes. We biked over to the peninsula and had a picnic at the bay. Again a storm came in and cut our trip short. We got caught in a hail storm - not ideal. We had the bikes again Sunday so we went to St. Clair beach and hung out there for the afternoon.


Now I'm in the last week of classes. I had my farewell dinner with my program on Monday- can't believe it's coming to an end. I have one more month in Dunedin then will have 2 weeks to travel to the North Island, Australia, and Fiji before coming home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment