Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Study

It has been a week straight of studying. They take finals much more seriously here, as they are at least 50% of the overall grade.
It's finally getting to summer, so I've been able to enjoy the weather in-between studying. We went to Jamie's cricket game on the weekend and had a bbq during the week.
After my 3rd exam (I don't have another for a week), I convinced Lisen and my friend Courtney to drive up to Wanaka with me. I've been wanting to do a hike there, and it was the last chance to squeeze it in. We slept at our friend's parents house in Arrowtown and got in one last trip to Fergburger- SO good! We woke up early, drove over to Wanaka, and did the Isthmus Peak Track. The track goes up a mountain between Lake Wanaka and Lake Hawea, with a view of Mt. Aspiring. It was probably the hardest hike I've done yet- 3 hours incline the whole way, then about 1.5 hours down. The views were incredible and completely worth the effort.







No comments:

Post a Comment