Thursday, November 8, 2012

Final Week

I've been trying to make the most out of my last week in Dunedin. On Monday (Guy Fawkes Day) I went with my friend to Tomahawk Beach, went to a spot near Tunnel Beach and hit golf balls into the ocean (well for me, attempted to), and went up to Signal Hill to watch fireworks. I didn't bring my camera, so we went back again Thursday night so I could take pictures.




Tuesday was Melbourne Cup Day, so I went out to the Wingatui races. It's a big social event for the students here, and people get all dressed up. I won a few of my bets, but came out a few bucks in the negative. The biggest race, the Melbourne Cup, was a huge upset- a dollar bet could've made me a millionaire. Insane!


Wednesday I hung out around town with a couple friends. In the afternoon we went to Baldwin Street, the steepest street in the world.

Today I finished my last final! And what better way to celebrate than go to Cadbury World! I went with Hannah and some kids she babysits for. With no more studying to do and a new chocolate stash, I could not be happier.

I cannot believe it's time to leave Dunedin. Time just flew by.

No comments:

Post a Comment