Sunday, September 29, 2013

Barcelona!

Last weekend I visited my friend Hannah who is studying abroad in Barcelona. It was nice to get out of the cold city of London for a bit to the sunny 80 degree weather. Lucky for me, I randomly picked the weekend that the biggest festival in Barcelona takes place, La Merce. It seemed like the entire city took part, with activities during the day and free concerts throughout the streets at night. I don't think I could've experienced the spanish culture better in the short period that I was there, even though I did miss a lot of the main tourist sites (gives me a good reason to go back)!

one of Gaudi's famous buildings, Casa Batll√≥


Views of the city from a rooftop

  Boqueria Market in La Rambla


One of the many concerts

Traditional Catalan cuisine (yum!)

Professional slackliners doing tricks in the park


Dance festival

Walked into a zoo trying to get out of the park...only in Barcelona



No comments:

Post a Comment