Sunday, November 17, 2013

England Travels

With the semester nearing its end, I'm trying to make the most of what England has to offer.

One of my favorite ways to spend a Saturday afternoon is going to the awesome markets that London has. So far my favorites are Portobello and Borough markets.


(can you tell why??)

I went to Windsor castle with some friends, which is about an hour and a half train ride away. My main reason for going was for a presentation I had to do on it, but I'm really glad I went. It was a beautiful drive through the countryside, making it a nice break from city life. The main attraction of the castle is the state apartments, which rival the grandeur of Versailles. 


Last weekend I spent my Sunday at Brighton, which is my favorite city in England that I've been to so far. It's a beach town, so there was a pier with rides and games, markets, and a ton of seafood. We were extremely lucky with weather, which probably added to my love of the city.





The holiday season has hit london. Last week there were a ton of festivities on the major streets. I went to the lighting ceremony on Regent street, where there were fashion shows and performances by several artists including the Spice Girls and Passenger. Afterwards they had the traditional countdown, turning on the twinkle lights that decorate the street. 


The rest of the city is decked out in decorations, making it the prettiest I've ever seen it!















No comments:

Post a Comment